APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill critical positions necessary for programme implementation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. To this effect, we are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Job Reference Code: GFMEKANO2
Duration of Contract: 4 months fixed term
Project: Global Fund_HIV- KP
- Reporting to the M&E Manager at the Head Office, the desired candidates will work with the CBO’s M&E Officers to support the implementation of robust monitoring and evaluation systems at all proram sites.
- S/He will support in the development and tracking of M&E work plan for the Global Fund grant and implement capacity building plan for the CBOs in collaboration with the state governments.
- S/He will provide technical assistance to CBOs in setting up and maintaining M&E systems (collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement).
- S/He will conduct timely review and analysis of CBO level data and provide monthly report to the M&E Officer at HQ
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Behavioural / Social Sciences, Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field. A Master’s degree in public health or a related field will be of added advantage.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of HIV prevention for KPs (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID)
- Knowledge of Global Fund projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is added advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilising checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to this dedicated email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the Job Reference Code.
- The Suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, contained in one document.
- The job reference code is an important requirement and any application not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 14 August, 2020