Job ID: 200001N9
Contract length: Fixed-Term
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Team: Nigeria Country Office
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To set up the accountability system for the BPRM project in Ogoja and to ensure the smooth running of the system.
- The accountability assistant will work with the other MEAL staff and program staff as well as other internal and external stakeholders to ensure the maintenance of high standard of accountability.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1 – Set up accountability structure for the BPRM project:
- Implement accountability log frame and plans for the project
- Consult with beneficiaries (adult and children) to determine their preferred information sharing channel
- Ensure key information reaches beneficiaries using the different information channels identified
- Consult with beneficiaries (adult and children) to determine their preferred community based complaint response mechanism (CRM) channel.
- Set up the preferred community based CRM channel for both children and adult beneficiaries
- Ensure the establishment of a helpdesk/information table to community members to answer questions during distribution
Objective 2 – Training of staff, beneficiaries, partners and volunteer:
- Plan and conduct training sessions for staff members to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanism
- Plan and conduct training session for partners and volunteers to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanism
- Plan and train the beneficiaries both adult and children on the use of the CRM channels
- Inform community on their rights to make complaints and provide feedback to the organisation
- Ensure the awareness of beneficiaries on the existing CRM channel including the country office toll free line
Objective 3 – Receive, document and respond to beneficiary’s feedback and complaints:
- Design a CRM flow chart detailing how complaints and feedback will responded to and referred
- Receive and document complaints and feedback from beneficiaries using the CRM database
- Ensure responses to feedback and complaints are given to complainants and feedback providers within the required timeline
- Compile and analyse data from the CRM database monthly
- Share CRM findings with project and operations team
Objective 4 – Ensure meaningful participation of children:
- Consult with children on monthly basis to understand their views about project activities and to suggest improvements
- Consult with children monthly to generate feedback and complaints
- Establish a child friendly CRM channel
Objective 5 – Coordination with MEAL team:
- In coordination with MEAL coordinator and MEAL officer ensure that data collection process is coherent and follows proper methodology
- In coordination with MEAL coordinator and MEAL officer ensure the monitoring of MEAL process
- Other duties as required by the MEAL team.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2 years of professional experience. Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Fluency in English and pidgin language, spoken and written
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people – to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in Save the Children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organisational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
1st April, 2020.
Application Information / Notice
- Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Application Deadline: 01 April, 2020