Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos and Niger state, having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Job Code: #F00002
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Detailed Job Description
- Provides leadership, direction, and management of the finance team
- Interprets corporate strategies into financial strategies and plans
- Provides strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Manages the processes for financial forecasts, budgets, and monitors cashflow
- Oversees the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial plans
- Reviews all formal finance related procedures and accounting controls
- Reviews and approves payroll, all payments, and disbursements
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial plans and supporting information systems of the company, including budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets.
- Develop financial strategies towards meeting the company's goals
- Coordinate Monthly Performance Review (MPR) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- Develop and monitor Key performance indicators for the Hospital
- Coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the Hospital
- Develop funding strategies for the company's projects
- Oversee processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, staff salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Develop financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate financial control policies and measures.
- Provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensures record systems are maintained following generally accepted auditing and accounting standards.
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide management.
- Analyze monthly financial statements to identify potential weak areas.
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Hospital
- Mitigate key elements of the company's financial risk profile
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the Board
- Maintain a good and productive relationship with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- B.Sc. degree with a second-class upper grade in Accounting or any Finance-related course
- MSc in any Finance-related course
- Member of a recognized professional body (ICAN, ACCA, CFA)
- At least five years' experience in the finance manager role of a corporate organization, preferably the healthcare industry.
- At least three years' experience in preparing management accounts and financial management positions.
- At least two years' experience in overseeing the day to day financial administration in a small to medium-sized organization.
- At least two years' experience in a well-organized audit firm.
- Excellent leadership and management skill
- Excellent Microsoft office skill
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Experience in the use of various financial reporting software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the "Position Title and Job Code" as subject of the email application.
Application Deadline: 10 October, 2020