Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: West Africa Audit & Assurance - Chief of Staff
Employment Type: Full Time
About Audit & Assurance
- We provide Audit and Accounting advisory services to several major companies across all industries in West Africa.
- Our clients include some of the largest companies in the banking, insurance, asset management and securities sectors.
- Our Audit & Assurance professionals provide independent financial statement and internal control audit services, in accordance with the latest professional standards and with a focus on quality.
- The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and ability to handle and manage complex operations across multiple jurisdictions.
- S/he should have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands.
- S/he must demonstrate the ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the West Africa Audit Leaders/Partner and other constituencies, both internal and external.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to work effectively in a fast paced and project-driven environment with constantly changing demands. S/he will require energy, excellent engagement skills and a passion for the growing Deloitte Audit & Assurance practice.
Duties & Responsibilities - Administration
The role of the Chief of Staff is both strategic and operational. S/he will:
- Manage strategic and operational activities within the broader Africa practice and also in the region of location in West Africa.
- Work with the West Africa Audit Leader and other Business Unit Leaders/Partners across the Region to actively monitor Africa strategic aspirations.
- Interact and build relationships/links with Global teams and support systems
- Be a point of contact to the Office of the West Africa Audit Leader for the business.
- Coordinate selected business activities required of the West Africa Audit Leader
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings and events.
- A Bachelor's Degree / Higher National Diploma in any discipline with a minimum of second Class Lower / Lower Credit.
- Project management qualifications/experience.
- A Post graduate / Master's Degree in any Business course will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in professional services environment and/or in similar capacities, including demonstrated experience of finance management, budget execution, etc. and other complex tasks
- Highest level of integrity, confidentiality, self-awareness, and a desire to excel
- Good facilitation, communications, writing and presentation skills.
- Personable and possess excellent inter-personal relations
- Entrepreneurial, business acumen, data analysis, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
The Impact You Will Make
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.
- To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.