Tongston Entrepreneurship Group (Tongston) is a leading unique pan-African group connecting entrepreneurship and education to reposition economies to achieve sustainable growth and development through its holding company: Tongston Holdings and its 4 integrated subsidiaries: Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media.
Tongston Holdings provides oversight and coordination of all businesses at the group and subsidiary levels, and shared services to the group of companies, partners, clients and investee companies across corporate services, human resources, strategy, business development, stakeholder management, economics & research, legal & governance, IT, finance & treasury.
Tongston is driving a revolution in education through its proprietary entrepreneurial development model delivered in the Tongston entrepreneurial ecosystem operating across the Education Value Chain from primary, to secondary, tertiary and post-tertiary (workplace, government or enterprise) & Entrepreneurship Value Chain from finance (Tongston Ventures) to education (Tongston College and Institute) and media (Tongston Media).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development, Stakeholder Management and Strategy Associate Officer
Locations: Abuja, Gombe and Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Job field: Business Development / Sales / Strategy / Stakeholder Management
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Business Planning & Market Research:
- Develop and refresh Tongston’s strategy; as well as conduct regular strategy and business plan reviews and identify actions that will deliver against Tongston’s strategy and ensure they are owned and resourced to deliver when required.
- Work cross-functionally with all Tongston subsidiaries to define priorities and roadmaps and execute on the strategy for initiatives with strategic partners. Work will include product alignment, business case, negotiations, integration development, account management.
- Devise methods, collect and analyze data on consumers, competitors and market conditions and consolidate information to achieve value, profitability and influence of Tongston and its products & services, through research, surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
- Provide competitive analysis on various competitors and other industry players market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Manage the annual business planning process; oversee development of a master business plan, working with Finance to ensure a fully costed budget is set.
- Track the progress of strategic initiatives (and relevant scorecard) and report on strategic KPIs and annual scorecard.
- Coordinating Tongston’s strategic partnerships, joint ventures and investments.
- Mapping, evaluating and reviewing resource requirements and business processes across the group of companies working closely with Admin and HR and IT Teams and developing optimization strategies.
Business Development and Client Management:
- Set the direction for the development of new stakeholder offerings and project management of product development.
- Prepare proposals, feasibility studies, pitchbooks, promotional and marketing literature, in conjunction with T-Media.
- Manage key accounts to meet/exceed targets relating to revenue growth activities, profit margin, Client retention and Client acquisition.
- Prospecting and interact with customers, partners, stakeholders and dealing with inquiries.
- Co-conceptualise and plan Tongston’s events and marketing activities working closely with T-Media.
- Regularly engage clients and conduct quality assurance to validate Tongston’s value, influence and profitability.
- Manage technical and business negotiations, and partner with our legal, policy, regulatory and governance team to develop and negotiate custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to scale to broader ecosystem partnerships.
- Development and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the overarching stakeholder engagement strategy
- Manage stakeholder mapping and prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries
- Develop and manage Tongston’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Participate in professional networks, attend industry functions, association events, and other relevant opportunities to keep abreast of macroeconomic and industry trends.
- Engage public, private and third sector players to drive Tongston’s influence, value and profitability.
- Manage the onboarding and appraisal process of new partners.
- Support T-Media in developing and implementing marketing & brand campaigns.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain comprehensive Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports, Call Memos, Back to Office Reports, prospect and deals pipeline trackers e.t.c
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices, and determining applicable commission structures in conjunction with finance and treasury.
- New Business, Partnerships, & Sponsorships Contract Negotiation and Administration.
- Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, business development or partnership management, or related field, whether voluntary, part time, adhoc or full time.
- Extensive Program / Project Management experience: defining, developing, implementing, executing and managing.
- Experience with cloud services or SaaS a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Excellent business and financial acumen skills including business case construction and deal negotiation.
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent at problem-solving skills and simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Big picture thinking.
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Leadership and collaboration skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Eager to expand Tongston with new sales, clients, and territories.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into solutions.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Demonstrated and proven sales results.
- Competitive Pay
- Start Date: August, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Shortlisted Candidates will be invited to a series of competency-based tests, interviews and assessment centres.
Application Deadline: 30 October, 2021