University Press PLC (UPPLC) was founded in 1949 under the name of Oxford University Press Nigeria, and has grown to become one of the oldest, most experienced and the Nation's Foremost Publishers of materials for educational and for general reading. At incorporation as a public liability company in 1978, the Company's name was changed to University Press Limited with an authorised share capital of 8,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50k each.
Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 14th August 1978, UPPLC has, on two occasions, won the prestigious Stock Exchange Merit Award in the service sector of quoted companies. It has also won, for two consecutive years, 1984 and 1985, the Concord Prize for Excellence in Academic Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Yoruba Editor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Head Office)
- Carry out editorial work on manuscripts, including copy editing and proof reading.
- Source for and invite authors to bring up manuscripts for publication.
- Draw up illustration briefs of book formats for graphic artists and book designers.
- Work with the production unit on manuscripts.
- Brief sales representatives on new titles.
- Monitor and review market performance of titles.
- Advise management on identified gaps and market needs on Yoruba language.
- A relevant First Degree (B.Sc / B.Ed.) in Yoruba with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division / Lower Credit.
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience in editing of Yoruba titles.
- Not more than 30 years of age.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and versatile.
- Competitive and sufficiently attractive for the right type of candidate. A fulfilling and bright career is assured.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV and photocopies of their Credentials (as stated above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Send soft copies to:
The Head (Human Resources Division),
University Press Plc,
Three Crowns Building, Jericho, Ibadan,
Application Deadline: 19 February, 2021