Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Core Roles & Responsibilities
Site Setup & Mobilization:
- To select and layout the site camp, plant and ensure HSE guidelines.
- To ensure the site follows all statutory guidelines and its layout is efficient & safe.
- To work out the requirement of manpower, material, machinery in consultation with the planning and quality department for timely progressive mobilization of the site.
Field Investigation & Survey:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Supervise all site surveys and investigations personally for proper and correct reporting.
- Review all site investigation reports at site for any inconsistence and report the same for immediate corrective action to the design and drawings.
- Maintain all site investigation report in a proper manner to ensure effective reference during construction.
Organisation & Supervision of Work:
- Develop engineering assignment approaches and review with Engineering Department.
- To plan the daily work teams based on the Schedule & Methodology provide for the site work.
- Mobilise the site daily on time and give the toolbox talk.
- Organize field work and assign technicians and staff specialists to tasks.
- To ensure all necessary material and machinery is available for the day work.
- To ensure proper commencement of work by all teams.
- To provide timely relief of labour, materiel and machinery.
- To ensure breaktime and efficient use of resources with minimum wastage.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor.
Project Management / Handling:
- Understand and implement project specifications effectively.
- Follow design consultants’ drawings and integrate in project.
- Execute whole project in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Provide full support as required by the Management and PMT.
- Coordinate with all projects related personnel (internal or external) on day-to-day progress of activities, procurement and operations to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Coordinate all material delivery, consumption, handling and assist in logistics, shipment and receipt at construction site.
- Support Project Manager and ensure timely addressing of project contractual deliverables.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals.
- Review blueprints, plans and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results.
- Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare a comprehensive study on all relevant design factors.
- Prepare documentation for private and government clients covering project plans and progress reports, change orders, environmental impact findings, structural analysis for ownership transfers and other relevant information.
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects and develop reports that include technical details for engineers including big-picture analysis and cost estimates.
- Use Auto CAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans according to client needs and requirements for deliverables.
- Approval of designs that are to be cost-efficient and allow the structure to fulfil its intended purpose while still being visually appealing.
- Using computer simulations to predict how structures will react under different conditions.
- Investigating the properties of materials such as steel and concrete and advising which is more suitable.
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects.
- Working out the loads and stresses on different parts of a structure.
- Inspecting unsafe buildings and recommending options for repairs or demolition.
- Working closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals.
- Making sure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
- Supervising project teams.
- Giving progress reports to clients and senior managers.
- Prepare daily and weekly progress reports and reports to the concerned officials.
- Good understanding of project control in Quality and Time management.
- Honest, discipline, self-motivated and hardworking.
- As a structural engineer, you will need to display keen commercial awareness and understand the business implications of the decisions you make.
- Highly analytical and be able to get your head around methods in construction, keeping health, safety and legal requirements.
QMS, EMS & QH&SMS Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of their work.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
- Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or
- requirements are not being met.
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
- Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs.
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
- Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and its identification and relevant controls required.
- Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned.
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, plus minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient with Auto CAD
- Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations.
- Professional Engineer license, Staad Pro
- Master’s Degree in Structural engineering.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Year
- Other experience: minimum of 5 years experience in structural engineering field
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Should have good communication skills as you’ll be dealing with a wide range of clients and colleagues and have the ability to work well as part of a team. For example, you may have to convey complex concepts to a client who is unfamiliar with structural engineering principles.
- You’ll have good problem-solving skills, including looking after budget, and it’s important that you can meet deadlines.
- Should have analytical and leadership skills to supervise the staff.
Application Deadline: 11 August, 2021