Schneider Electric - As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Field Service Engineer - Automation, Control & Electrical Distribution
Ref Id: 0069EL
- The installed Service Engineer ensures complex installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base
- Identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth
- Development of engineering design for Power SCADA solution and installation of the solution, testing and commissioning.
- Work within project teams to design, develop and test high quality PLC control systems, HMI and SCADA programs and interfaces
- Integration of PLC and other equipment on the SCADA network.
- Implementation of OPC server / Client solution for SCADA network.
- Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
- Perform Startup / Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Perform Preventive, scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance on equipment
- Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
- Submit Opportunity Detected during his interventions
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, …).
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report)
- Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
- Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipments upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
Qualifications / Role Requirements
- Technical diploma in Engineering
- Minimum of 5-6 years active project/services execution in industrial automation) in a technical service field
- Prior experience in a services role, supporting clients is an added advantage
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network
- Ability to work effective on Automation network for System Control
- Ability to Configure Power Monitoring Expert for Monitoring the power network.
- Ability to Comprehend and understand the Schneider Electric Industry products in order to execute projects and to support internal & external
- Knowledge in Industrial networks, Schneider PLC’s, Citect and Wonderware) is an added advantage
- Ability to configure Twido PLC and Magelis HMI for remote operation is an added advantage
- Able and willing to travel up to approximately 20% of your time.
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date