Fati Lami Abubakar Institute for Legal and Administration Studies invites application from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Minna, Niger
- The Registrar is one of the Principal Officers of the Institute. He / She is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day Administration of the Institute.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the Governing Council and Academic Board of the Institute.
- He / She is responsible for the Issuance of Appointment letters and Certificates.
- He / She Interprets and applies rules and regulations of the Institute, as the case may be.
- The Registrar also performs such other duties as the Council and the Provost may from time-to-time direct.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate(s) must hold a good honours degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower Division) from a recognized Institution of higher learning, in addition to at least Fifteen (15) years Post-qualification cognate experience in Tertiary Institution; or a Master's Degree with at least Twelve (12) years cognate experience in Tertiary Institution.
- He / she must have served as a Deputy Registrar for not less than Five (5) years in an institution of Higher learning.
- He / She must also be a member of a relevant professional body, e.g, NIM, CIPMN, etc. In addition to the above, the applicant must be morally sound and must be vast in Public Service Rules.
- He / She must be computer literate and should not be above 55 years of age as at the time of submission of the application.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- Salary Grade Level: CONTISS 15 / 9
- The Appointment shall be for an initial term of Four (4) years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance.
- The appointee shall also enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time-to-time by the Council and the State Government..
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate(s) should submit Twenty (20) hand written applications and Curriculum Vitae, specifying the followings:
- Name in full
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Current contact Address to include GSM number and E-mail
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Community Service
- Awards, Honours and Commendations (if any)
- Present Appointment with date and Salary
- Names and Address of three (3) referees
All applications should be clearly marked on top left hand corner of the envelop "Application for the Post of Registrar” and sent to:
Fati Lami Abubakar Institute for Legal and Administrative Studies,
P.M.B. 113, Bida Road,
Referee reports are to be sent under confidential cover directly to the address above marked “Referee Report for the post of Registrar”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline: 28 November, 2020