Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) is a consultancy, training and development Institute certified by the various industries in which we operate. Established to support Public & Private Organizations, Oil & Gas personnel as well as their Host Communities, Manufacturing & Production Companies, Energy Companies, Hospitality businesses, and Educational Institutions, we also ensure the closure of skills gaps, advice on current upskilling needs of organizations and generally develop the capacity of Human Resources according to global best practice and standards in order to make sure organizational goals are achieved alongside technology transfer.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pipeline Design Instructor
Locations: Warri - Delta and Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
- The job role involves the teaching of Pipeline Design using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students diverse academic needs.
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment/practical activities to reinforce learning
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute's policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of BSc in Mechanical, Pipeline, Chemical, Process, Manufacturing Engineering or any closely-related field
- Membership of COREN preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in pipeline design within the oil and gas industry highly desirable
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Understanding of piping design and layout of equipment and process units in Chemical, Petrochemical or Onshore/Offshore Hydrocarbon facilities
- Excellent knowledge of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Knowledge of Autodesk's Plant 3D will be advantageous
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable codes and standards
- Excellent knowledge of safety protocols
- Project Management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org using "Pipeline Design Instructor" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.