Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fi
ll the position of:
Job Title: Admin Coordinator
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate administrative and logistical support for the World Bank ANRIN project officer in Niger state in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the project finance and Admin Manager and expected to work very closely with other members of the Country office and field offices.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will censure effective administration and logistics management in the Niger office and support the Country office where necessary.
- Ensure quality and timely support by the team on operations and logistics for staff and visitors
- Develop and implement a proper filing system for the office.
- Coordinate the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Review and submit reports to inform proper management of assets for the project.
- Develop and update the asset register regularly.
- Put in place mechanisms for regular market price surveys and communication to project teams for project implementation.
- Develop and put in place vendor listing for Niger state with support from the country office.
- Ensure proper asset tagging.
- Support in the development and management of the asset disposal plan in line with donor policies.
- Ensure Long term agreements are in place and updated to support project implementation.
- Facilitate regular vendor meetings for feedback and improvement.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office - effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations - Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Review reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Implement Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Finance and Admin Manager
Human Resource Development:
- Support with the coordination of orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of staff, vendor and suppliers when required in line with Admin and Logistics policies and procedures
Learning and knowledge management:
- Share relevant information within the team supporting the proper documentation of all administrative, logistic and financial transactions of the operations
- Participate in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilization efforts by supporting costings with respect to budget preparation and related engagement.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Finance and Admin Manager for consideration.
- Coordinate the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Interface with vendors, services providers and consultant to Plan Nigeria
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked to admin and logistics
- Report to the Finance and Admin Manager
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in NGO
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Typical office environment with occasional travels to field office
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.