United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Web Quality Assurance Partner
- We are looking for a candidate who is knowledgeable about website and online processes, employee lifecycle and the business.
- The ideal candidate must have strong business acumen, interpersonal, relationship management and analytical skills.
- He/she must be involved in developing and executing test plans for new and existing features, troubleshooting and verifying fixes for customer/user support issues, and running performance tests.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Inspect and ensure high quality is maintained throughout all website operations.
- Oversee the consistency of web and online applications through constant check of processes and outputs.
- Verify fixes for customer/user support issues.
- Ensure documentation for all required tests and activities are attended to.
- Encourage constant change and improvement in performance and quality
- Direct objectives to maximize profitability as well as monitor performance and writing reports.
- Ensure that user expectations are met on managed web applications and sites.
- Review user business requirements as well as technology functional requirements document.
- Communicate quality metrics and inspection results to appropriate managers including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI.
- Check for broken links, missing content, page titles, metadata.
- Develop and executing test plans for new and existing features.
- Ensure the file sizes of pages to ensure they are not too large and check for browser compatibility.
- Check that applications are functioning correctly, e.g. online forms.
- Run tests to ensure Server-Side scripting or other languages function correctly.
- Check that legal and regulatory guidelines are being adhered to, e.g. CBN regulation, data protection and privacy.
- Ensure that pages conform to your organisation's Web-Accessibility standard and that the Website Design standard is maintained.
- Degree in IT, Communication or any relevant fields.
- 3 years + with hands-on experience with quality assurance.
- Prior experience in quality assurance or other related roles.
- Exposure to online and application development process and standards.
- Exposure to UBA and finance products and services.
- Extensive experience in quality control preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiarity with all browsers, Online and offline web test tools.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Adhere to compliance with internal procedures.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and fastidious learner able to adapt to changes and provide sound decision-making.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels.
- Ability to work cross functionally with product owners, design and implementation teams to better understand requirements, further investigate problems and accelerate resolutions.
- Keen attention to details and organisational abilities.
- Teamworking skills.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Quality assurance software testing.
- Thorough understanding of web browsers.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance standards and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of browsers, website functionality and use of MS.
- User Interface and User Experience.
- Customer Experience.
- Analytical approach with good numerical skill and understanding of statistical analysis.
- All products and services of the bank.