Federal University of Kashere was established in February, 2011 (Establishment Act 2015) with the mandate to increase access to and quality of University education in Nigeria. The University, which currently has Four (4) Faculties and a Postgraduate School with 42 Undergraduate and 46 Postgraduate Programmes respectively, is poised for accelerated expansion and excellence in academic activities.
The Council of Federal University of Kashere announces that the position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant on 11th February, 2021. In accordance with the provisions of the University Miscellaneous Provision Act 1993 as amended, the Council invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration for the post below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University. He/she is the Chairman of the Senate and Congregation and member of the Council. The Vice-Chancellor shall among other duties:
- Promote research, teaching and high standard of academic excellence;
- Be responsible to Council for the maintenance of peace law and order in the University;
- Be prepared at all times to advise the Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedures approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and students discipline and welfare in the University.
Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Kashere must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the person must:
- Have spent not less than 20 years unbroken service in the University System with at least ten (10) years experience as Professor with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission statements of the University. Hence, his/her mission not exceeding 1000 words is required;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from Local and International Agencies to further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s Academic Brief and Strategic Plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between the Management and staff, students as well as other stakeholders;
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with Local, National and International relevant Agencies/Organizations;
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of staff and University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (Teaching and Non-teaching);
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability of being creative and innovative for the development of the University;
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations;
- Be proficient in Computer applications and must be committed to the deployment of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Be of excellent physical and mental health;
- Not be more than Sixty-five (65) years of age by 11th February, 2021 when the position is scheduled to be occupied.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a single, non-renewable term of Five (5) years. The remuneration and conditions of service for the post shall be as applicable in the Nigerian Federal Universities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked “Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left corner of the envelope directly to:
Federal University of Kashere,
P. M. B. 0182, Gombe State.
And a soft copy of the same via official e-mail of the Registrar at: email@example.com
The candidate’s mission for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached to the application. The application letter must be accompanied with curriculum vitae, copies of all certificates and verifiable evidence of work experience that include the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name);
- Place and State of birth;
- LGA/State of Origin;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Correspondence address (if different from permanent address);
- Mobile phone number;
- E-mail address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of children (if any);
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates;
- Professional qualification(s) obtained with dates;
- Work experience including full details;
- Community service;
- Full details of teaching
- Full details of research experience;
- List of publications and dates;
- List of commendations/appreciations for service
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are reputable personalities one of whom must be the Head of his/her current place of employment.
- All referees should be requested to send confidential reports on their candidate to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date of this advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline: 21 September, 2020