Christopher University is a fast developing privately owned university, established in 2015. The University has already been granted its permanent operating licence in 2018 by the National Universities Commission (NUC). Being a 21” century technology-oriented University with an aim to penetrating the labour market, the philosophy of the University is therefore anchored on education for self-employment, innovation and national development. This under-scores the commitment of the University to skill-acquisition and to match theory with practice.
The Governing Council of Christopher University in the exercise of its powers under the First Schedule section 4(2) (5)(a) & (6) of the University law, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified academics for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Mowe, Ogun
- The Vice Chancellor is the Academic Head and Chief Executive Officer of the University. He chairs the University Senate and is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council.
- The Vice Chancellor is therefore in charge of the day to day management of the University and reports to Council with respect to the general administration of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor is expected to offer sound academic leadership in the University by promoting excellence in teaching, research and innovation and to show commitment to students’ welfare and regulation of their conduct on campus.
The candidate for the position of the Vice-Chancellor must be a highly educated academic with vast experience in university administration. Specifically, the candidate is expected:
- To be a distinguished academic with a Ph.D and of the rank of a full professor with proven competence to provide academic and administrative leadership required to steer a young university to great heights.
- To be not more than 65 years at the time he/she will assume office.
- To be a team player, who can command the respect of all categories of staff and build bridges between staff, students and other stakeholders in the University.
- To have a clear vision for the development of the University
- To possess the drive and ability to harness the human and material resources to develop the University
- To show capacity to forge linkages and mutually beneficial partnerships between the University and other organizations both locally and internationally.
- To possess adequate ICT knowledge so as to be able to operate in a modem day university system.
The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a five (5) year term on such terms and conditions as maybe approved by the University Governing Council.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to such position in the Nigerian university system as the Governing Council may determine from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit with their Applications (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae containing, among other things, the following:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Contact Address with E-mail, telephone number(s)
- Academic Qualifications/copies of credentials to be enclosed
- Work experience (Academic and Administrative)
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Academic publications
- Provide names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be willing to furnish a written confidential report each on the candidate’s integrity as well as his academic and administrative abilities to the Registrar, Christopher University; Mowe, not later than the closing date above.
All applications are to be addressed to the "Registrar, Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State" in a sealed envelope marked “Vice-Chancellor” on the top right side and to reach the Registrar via the address below:
KM 34 Lagos - Ibadan Expressway,
Mowe - Ogun State.
Application Deadline: 31 December, 2020