Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, formerly Ondo State University, was established in 1982 by an act of the Ondo State Government. The University relocated to its present site at Akungba-Akoko in 1999. At present, it has a little over 20,000 students, 1,200 staff and seven Faculties - Agriculture, Arts, Education, Environmental Design and Management, Law, Science, and Social & Management Sciences.
Adekunle Ajasin University is determined to maintain and consolidate its reputation for delivering world-class scholarship, education and research, and wishes to continue playing a central role in the development of humanities in Nigeria, Ondo State and the local community. The University is thus currently engaged in major academic, social and infrastructural developments - all directed at producing globally - competitive graduates.
Applications are hereby invited from enthusiastic, innovative and versatile candidates to work with the Vice Chancellor on the ambitious and challenging tasks of consolidating and expanding the gains and achievements of the University by filling the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
Location: Akungba-Akoko, Ondo
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the management of the finances of the University.
- Candidates must possess B.Sc. degree In Accounting with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MBA or M.Sc. in relevant discipline from a recognized University and must be a full member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, and CPA plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience at least three (3) of which must have been spent as a Deputy Bursar in a University. P
- roficiency in Computer is compulsory.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed for a single term of five (5) years. He/She must not be more than 60 years of age as at July 1, 2021.
Remuneration / Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by the University Governing Council from time to time.on
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae together with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials.
Detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Name of Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic / Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Statement of Experience
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to their academic / professional and personal abilities.
Applications for the bursar with supporting documents should reach to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Adekunle Ajasin University,
P.M.B. 01, Akungba-Akoko,
Note: Candidates should request their Referees to forward their references under confidential cover on their behalf directly to the University
Application Deadline: 14 April, 2021