Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training & Credit Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
- The Officer will be responsible for supervising and preparing reports on all administrative, logistic, training and field activities relating to the Project in all the target states and FCT in an efficient and effective way in accordance with WOFAN’s standards and world best practices.
- S/he will prepare, keep and share information as well as data (including photographs and video) of all training and field activities and submit all reports to the ICON Manager immediately after such activities.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or Adult Education and a minimum of 3 years experience in project management, including community mobilization, participatory planning and rural / community development; previous similar experience with International NGO will be an asset.
- A post graduate degree or diploma in management will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. It also requires computer literacy with a good knowledge of Office applications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit signed copies of their Application Letters and copies of their CV: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the position and state applied for as subject.
Application Deadline: 08 October, 2020