MPG is a Leading Global Pairing Platform Professional Services Company, providing a broad range of services in Strategy and Consulting, Supply Chain Management, Technology, and Operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and Culture of innovation, we apply Industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Management Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Supply Chain Contract Coordinator assists in developing, negotiating, and evaluating company contracts for supplies and services on behalf of MPG DIRECT SOURCING REAM, and related entities (“organization”).
- The Supply Chain Contract Coordinator assists the Purchasing Director in coordinating requests for proposals (RFP), negotiating contract pricing and terms, and facilitating the implementation of contracts with service vendors and suppliers.
- Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Together with the Purchasing Director and the Senior Purchasing Coordinator, the SCM coordinator will be required to assist in driving cost savings initiatives for the organization by Identifying opportunities for cost savings supplies and services, as well as effective and efficient internal processes.
- Coordinates the implementation of these initiatives with the organization’s internal customers while providing strong project management skills.
- Identifies, tracks, and reports all cost savings initiative results to the Purchasing Director on a routine basis.
- Exercises broad discretion in preparing and evaluating Requests for Proposals (RFP) for suppliers, as needed. Assists Purchasing Director in review of proposals and in negotiation of pricing and terms.
- Maximizes the use of available contracts including the utilization of MPG contracts.
- Collaborates with Operations and the Purchasing team to evaluate potential alternatives when available including use of generics, substitutes, or value-added services.
- Collaborates with internal customers to understand operations and their needs. Communicates best practices among internal customers to streamline and optimize operations. Together with Purchasing management, works to align supply chain support for those operations to ensure maximization of efficiency and overall cost effectiveness.
- Relies on professional experience and independent judgment in the evaluation of existing vendor contracts to ensure optimum service and value for the organization in all supplier relationships and in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Works independently to modify, update, and maintain contracts and associated documentation while communicating changes to appropriate parties as needed.
- Assists in extracting data, providing analysis, and preparing reports related departmental usage and overall buying trends from the Organization’s internal systems (including but not limited to Oracle, EPIC/Clarity, and various supplier systems).
- Serves as backup to other functions of the Purchasing Department as needed including input of customer requisitions, inventory management, creation of purchase orders, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains excellent customer service with all departments within the organization and with external suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external individuals.
- Schedules meetings and appointments as needed.
- Appropriately greets suppliers and sales representatives.
- Participates in field visits as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field and one year of related experience OR High School Diploma or GED and three or more years’ experience in a related position.
- Applicants must have work experience in supply chain management experience preferred. Professional experience in contract management preferred.
- Intending applicants must have work experience in the oil and gas sector and manufacturing sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Preferred prior experience in contract law as well as in writing and editing contracts.
- Knowledge of competitive bidding statutes, purchasing procedures and best industry practices.
- Excellent communication and social skills for effective interpersonal interaction within Purchasing, with other departments within the organization, and with outside vendors.
- Excellent understanding of contract pricing and budgets.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, including utilization of formulas and functions, retrieve data from relational databases, and prepare word processing documents.
- Strong organizational abilities including a penchant for documentation.
- Self-starter capable of working productively with minimum supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff and the public.
- Excellent keyboard and ten-key skills.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet others’ needs.
- Ability to work in a team environment including aligning own actions with those of other team members committed to common goals.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to understand, recall, and communicate, factual information.
- Ability to understand, recall, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to research and resolve problems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Supply Chain Management Coordinator" as the subject of the email.
Note: MPG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of Race, Religion/Belief, Ethnic/National Origin, Disability, Age, Citizenship, Marital/Domestic/Civil Partnership Status, Sexual Orientation, or Gender Identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Application Deadline: 28 January, 2022