AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full-time position below:
Job Title: State Clinical Coordinator
Reports to: Medical Director
- The State Clinical Coordinator directly oversees all medical activities, at AHF-Nigeria supported facilities in the located State, in Nigeria, covering all comprehensive sites and outposts within the State/region and see to the expansion of services within the State/region in Nigeria, ensuring delivery of high-quality standard of care for all patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
- As a Coordinator he/she oversees medical, AHF operations in the State and supports the Country Program Manager to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the state/region.
- He/she will lead the expansion of AHF Program within the state.
- Provide technical supports to Prevention and Treatment program and ensure linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration.
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management through the Medical Director.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- He/she participates in staff need assessment and induction of new hired staff.
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision.
- Ensure standard quality of clinical services at all AHF supported sites in his/her region.
- Provide periodic comprehensive support supervision report, adhering to the tools provided by AHF.
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensure functional QI teams are in existence at site levels.
- Supervise and implement quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions.
- Strengthen TB/HIV, PMTCT, ART services through integrated service delivery and provision of quality services in the state program.
- Ensures optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks at regional level.
- Provide on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E of the project.
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance.
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at site, regional and country program level.
- Identify early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies.
- Remain updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses.
- Participate in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to doctors, nurses, laboratory scientists, pharmacy technician working in the different facilities in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning.
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program pharmacist.
- Work with the program pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices.
- Identify and promote operational research at state level and build capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers
Education and Experience
- Must be Medical Doctor from a recognized institution.
- Additional qualification in Health systems management or public health will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid license to practice as a Medical Doctor.
- Five years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Five years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; three years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Experience in planning and budgeting required
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired
- Demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite application including Word, Excel PowerPoint etc.
- Experience providing and facilitating training; experience setting up training programs and workshops preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the position and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.
Application Deadline: 12 August, 2021