Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano is a Kano State Government owned university with a temporary campus located at the center of the city of Kano and a main campus located along Muhammadu Buhari Way along Kofar Kabuga - Kofar Ruwa Road in Kano State, Nigeria.
Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Governing Council of Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano hereby announces that the position of the Registrar of the University is vacant.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Yusuf Maitama Sule University Law 2012 (as amended) and in executing its powers contained therein, the Council wishes to commence the process of filling the vacancy.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards matters of finance for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with section 12 (2) of the Yusuf Maitama Sule University Law 2012 (as amended).
- The Registrar shall by virtues of that office, be Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership. They shall be of proven personal integrity and transparency in private and public life; should command respect as well as attract cooperation and loyalty of staff and students.
Qualification and Experience:
Candidates shall possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A good honours degree in relevant discipline. Possession of higher degree(s) will be an added advantage.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies.
- ICT compliant with working knowledge of relevant packages.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate working experience, and must have attained senior management position, not below the rank of Deputy Registrar in a university.
- Shall not be above the age of 60 years at the point of assumption of duty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty Five (25) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address
- Cell phone Number, e-mail Address
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications and Membership of Professional Bodies (if any)
- Employment Records
- Statement of Experiences
- Publications (if any)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees,
All applications should be submitted by courier service under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked "Post of Bursar, Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano", to reach the:
Yusuf Maitama Sule University,
P.M.B. 3220, Kano,
- Applicants are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them under confidential cover by courier, hand or post directly to the Vice-Chancellor
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline: 26 March, 2021