TOPREC is the acronym for the Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria, a statutory body established by Decree 3 of 1988 titled Town Planners (Registration, etc.), which has now become an Act of Parliament cited as CAP 431 LFN,1990 and CAP T7 LFN, 2004.
TOPREC was established by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CAP T7, LFN 2004) to regulate and control the practice of the profession of physical planning in all its aspects and ramifications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: FCT, Abuja
- Head of administration and accounting officer of the Council
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the TOPREC Secretariat
- Secretary of the Council responsible to the President of the Council
- Implementation of all Council resolutions and directives
- Liaison with Federal Ministry and Agencies responsible for Urban and Regional Planning matters
- Liaison with State Ministry responsible for Urban and Regional Planning matters
- Liaison with professional bodies, institutions, national and international organizations / agencies
- Other duties as may be assigned by the President or the Council
- A Master's Degree in Urban and Regional Planning with at least 20 (twenty) years post qualification experience.
- Must be a registered Town Planner with TOPREC for at least 15 (fifteen) years and a member of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP)
- ICT compliant with adequate knowledge of computer application in Urban and Regional Planning
- Must have held a managerial position for a minimum of 7 (seven) years
- Should be between 40 to 65 years old.
- The appointment is on salary grade level 17 as equivalent in the Federal Civil Service
- The appointment is for a full time of 3 (three) years and renewable for another term of 3 (three) years only if found satisfactory.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 (Ten) copies of their Application with Curriculum Vitae, stating the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the 3 (three) referees.
The application should be marked “Confidential” and addressed to:
Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC),
Plot 2047, Michael Okpara Street,
Wuse Zone 2,
FCT - Abuja.
Note: Only applicants that have been short listed will be contacted for interview.
Application Deadline: 21 December, 2020