The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness. IVTEC Is a pioneering technical and vocational education model established by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). The College was commissioned by Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo on November 21st, 2017 and commenced training programmes On April 10, 2018 in 16 technical specializations offered in nine departments.
Having recently gained accreditation by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), IVTEC is expanding its programmatic offerings and will need to fill additional instructional, administrative and support staff position immediately in the capacity below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the College.
- The Registrar serves as the Secretary to the Governing Council and its standing committees. In addition, S / he oversees the development and management of the IVTEC’s administration, including, auxiliary enterprises and campus security.
- This role provides executive leadership, policy formulation, operational management and non-academic affairs program management in administrative affairs such as record management, planning, human resources, environmental safety and health and computing center.
- Therefore, the incumbent must be an inspirational change manager who can lead and manage the IVTEC through this period of establishment and strategic positioning, while also keeping in mind the reorientation and change that will be required to sustain the goals of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be holders of a good honours Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 14 years of cognate experience or holders of Master’s Degree plus at least 12 years of cognate experience, or holders of Doctorate Degree plus at least 10 years of cognate experience.
- A significant portion of the applicant’s work experience must have been gained at a similar tertiary institution.
- In addition, applicant must not be more than 55 years of age at the time of resumption for the appointment, must be versatile in ICT and its applications, and must be a member of relevant professional bodies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward Fifteen (15) copies each of the following:
- Typewritten Application Letter and photocopies of Credentials.
- Curriculum Vitae giving details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full name with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth.
- State of origin and local government area.
- Permanent address, current address.
- E-mail address, mobile phone number(s).
- Marital status, numbers and ages of children.
- Educational institution(s) attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates.
- Previous employer(s) and post (s) held with dates.
- Present employer and post (s) held with dates and salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview).
- Name of three (3) referees: employer, educational and personal.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Normal signature
All applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope address to:
IVTEC, Offa, Road,
P.M.B 1005, Ajase Ipo,
In addition, send an electronic version of the candidate's application and supporting materials via email to: HR@ivtec.edu.ng using the position applied for as subject of the email.
Additional Information and Notice
- All external candidates must be prepared to furnish evidence of salary history. Internal candidates must have been on a salary level and title preceding the position for which they are applying for at least one year and must have received a satisfactory performance appraisal.
- Interested applicants are advised to visit the College’s website at: www.ivtec.edu.ng for additional information before applying.
- IVTEC is an equal opportunity employer seeking talented people locally and internationally who can make an Impact beyond their own achievements. We offer competitive salary packages, and additional incentives and fringe benefits beyond the advertised salary levels are provided to successful candidate.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward confidential reference letters directly to the address above.
- Please note the application is a two-step process
Application Deadline: 04 November, 2020