Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo was founded by the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and licenced by the Federal Republic of Nigeria in January 2005 to operate as a Private University. It is located on Oyo-Ogbomoso Road on the site of old St. Andrew’s College, Oyo. Its vision is to be a top class institution in the pursuit of knowledge and scholarship through teaching, learning, research and exemplary service to humanity’ and its mission “to produce graduates who are imbued with the fear of God and sense of service to humanity and who are endowed with a well-rounded education to enable them operate successfully both as private entrepreneurs and top flight workers in the private and public sectors of the nation’s economy”.
Applications are invited by the Council of Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo from suitable qualified candidates for the position below which will become vacant on 1st April, 2021:
Job Title: Registrar
Position and Duties
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
- She / he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration of the University and is also Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Law 2003.
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree. Possession of a higher degree and membership of recognized professional bodies will be added advantage.
- The candidate must, normally, not be currently below the rank of Deputy Registrar in a University and must have at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience. At least five of the Fifteen years must have been spent at the management level.
- The candidate shall be a person of high integrity and strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- She / he must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- She / he must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- She / he must enjoy good health and be ICT compliant.
The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Ajayi Crowther University pays a package of salaries and allowances which are comparable with what obtains in the Federal Universities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 type written copies of their applications, credentials and Curricula Vitae giving information in the following format
- Full names with surname in capitals
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address / Telephone No(s)
- E-mail Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number of children with names and ages
- Institution(s) Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications (If any)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of 3 referees (two of whom must be Professionals or authorities in University Administration) who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, confidential Reports on him / her Indicating the post desired.
Write and submit along with the applications 30 copies of a vision and mission statement of the Registry of not more than 1,000 words.
All applications are to be submitted marked "Post of the Registrar" at the top left corner of the sealed envelope and addressed to
Ajayi Crowther University,
P.M.B 1066, Oyo,
Application Deadline: 21 January, 2021