HR Leverage Africa - Our client, an African owned Manufacturing company is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Rewards & Benefits Manager
Reports to: Head, HR & Admin
- Our client is an African owned Manufacturing company. Our client is in search of a reward and benefit specialist with awesome HR business partner’s exposure. Such candidates must have previous experience as a HR generalist
Key Job Roles
Rewards & Benefits Strategy Formulation:
- Development of total rewards and benefits strategy that enables employee and talent retention:
- Design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic plan including renewal of compensation plans
- Structure compensation in ways that will yield the highest value for the organization
- Identify trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Conduct research using R&B parameters (internally e.g employee satisfaction and externally to be used in designing annual R &B strategic plan
- Work with the Head, HR & Admin to develop general HR strategies especially in the area of competitive rewards and benefits
- Communication of R & B Strategies to all staff and other stakeholders
- Coach and guide the rewards and benefits team to ensure prompt delivery of tasks
Compensation & Benefits:
- Evaluate compensation policies and structure as well as ensuring that the pay practices comply with state and federal laws and regulations. eg statutory payment management.
- Development of general HR strategy/annual HR strategic plan for units
- Keep track of prevailing pay rates and make sure we offer competitive compensation plans
- Supervise the organization’s benefits programs (e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, shared services, canteen management, HMO, etc.)
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee benefit:
- Researching and analyzing benefits plans, programs, and policies. e.g through conduct of employee satisfaction surveys.
- Making recommendations based on data analyses
- Preparing and updating salary scales
- Design & implement employee engagement programmes
- Oversee learning & development programmes design and implement
- Sourcing management and retention strategies
- Implementation of talent management
- Making recommendations to managers regarding job descriptions, salaries, based on job descriptions and classifications
HR Data Management:
- Oversee HR Administration of HRIS Systems and Data Management
- Accurate data collection and analysis, as well as ensuring the maintenance of accurate employee data.
- Measurement of HR dashboard and analytics and making recommendations based on data analysis.
- Monitor payroll activities and implement action plans from insights gained from human resource data review
- Supervision of the preparation of salaries, incentives, management bonuses, leave allowances, exit allowances, staff bonus programs and organization-specific rewards plans.
HR & Admin Budget Monitoring:
- Prepare HR & Admin budget in collaboration with the HR & Admin team
- Monitor HR & Admin budget and ensure departmental activities are in line with the budget
- Balancing staff needs with cost controls within HR and Admin Department.
- Review risk management plan and strategies with Assistant Rewards and Benefits Manager
Reporting & Documentation:
- Provide reports on periodic remuneration surveys conducted within and outside the pharmaceutical industry
- Provide management reports (quarterly, half-yearly, annual, and as expedient)
- Providing insights in rewards and benefits practices in the organization for decision making
- Evaluating effectiveness of employee benefits programmes and providing reports on same
- Ensure proper documentation of R&B framework policies and processes for easy reference.
- Any other work-related duties assigned by supervisor
Minimum Educational Requirements
- First degree in Human Resource Management or any related course,
- Membership of CIPM is an added advantage.
Minimum Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- HR Generalist with extensive and hands-on experience in rewards/compensation and benefits including the use of HR information systems and payroll software
Required Competency and Work Skills:
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Payroll/HRIS Proficiency
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Numerical skills
- Strong Ethics and Discretion
- Problem-solving skills
- Strategic mindset and policy formulation skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.