Farm Radio International - We are the only international non-profit organization focused on using radio to help African farming communities help themselves. We make radio a powerful force for good in rural Africa - one that shares knowledge, amplifies voices, and supports positive change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Innovation Delivery Lead (Anglophone Countries)
Locations: FRI Country Office (Ghana, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda)
Reports to: DI Manager
Works closely with: DI Officers, DI Delivery Lead (Francophone countries), DI Discovery Lead; Radio Craft Team; Program Officers
Farm Radio International’s Digital Innovation Team serves two distinct roles within the organization:
- The Delivery Team, comprised of two Delivery Leads and 7-12 DI Officers, ensures that interaction services are provided to Farm Radio projects, consultancies, business services and other initiatives, specifically that they have the software / tools, training / processes and the technology infrastructure in place to deliver interactive radio;
- The DI Discovery Team, comprised of the Lead Developer and staff and consultant software developers, develops new and existing solutions, specifically a) to innovate tools and solutions, and b) to maintain and improve upon existing interactive radio tools and solutions. The two teams are supported and overseen by a management structure that handles human resources, finances and strategy and work planning.
In line with Farm Radio’s strategic intentions and commitments to partners, the DI Delivery Lead (Anglophone countries) will ensure that quality mobile-based services area provided to Farm Radio projects and service contracts, as follows:
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Lead the DI Delivery team in Anglophone African countries (Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia) to deliver core services for FRI’s projects in the following ways:
- Oversee the delivery of DI services across FRI projects & service contracts, including planning, monitoring and remedial actions
- Create, maintain and evolve the DI Delivery Standards document which outlines the guidelines for implementation of DI services
- Create and maintain DI Delivery support resources for DI officers in order to help them deliver DI based on standards and guidelines
- Implement DI Delivery Standards and ensure guidelines are being followed
- Create process for review and evolution of DI Delivery standards
- Setup and manage the technological infrastructure required to deliver DI
- Provide technical support and training to ICT officers in order to deliver DI
- Create and maintain software / tech training materials for Broadcasting Partners to be used with Radio Craft (RC) team
Synchronise efforts with the Programs team to:
- Monitor and ensure that DI team inputs and invoices are coordinated and synchronised with the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) per project / consultancy / services
- Provide inputs to Programs team on how ICT delivery can be integrated and / or customised into new and existing FRI projects to address the needs of each project
- Coordinate with FRI team members to monitor real time statistics of all DI activities in FRI projects (FRI Log) to stay on top of interactivity
- Assist FRI team members to pull together statistics for reports / documents / presentations (FRI Log)
Collaborate with the DI Discovery team to:
- Give inputs on how to improve upon and develop new features for existing DI Delivery tools including Uliza, Voxbox and FRI Log
- Provide input and assistance on new DI Discovery projects being developed by Discovery Team
- Make presentations and demonstrations on DI activities to external stakeholders
- Represent FRI’s interactive radio strategy at international and national events / conferences as required by the DI Manager, Senior PD Manager, etc.
- Participate fully in DI team meetings
- Periodic regional travel as required
Experience, credentials and requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- 3+ years experience delivering ICT solutions in the context of rural radio
- 2+ years experience managing a team of ICT personnel and technical staff
- Knowledge of working within an development focussed organization
- Have a hands-on understanding of radio stations, listeners and knowledge partners
- Experience working in a distributed team environment
Skills and Attributes:
- Be both a team player and a leader
- Be approachable and listen to what people need and want, both from other FRI departments / teams and within the Hangar / DI team
- Be able to communicate own ideas and vision to the DI Discovery Team and wider Farm Radio team
- Be able to inspire and motivate the ICT Officers who are part of FRI’s DI team to ensure that important work is completed according to schedule.
- Farm Radio is an affirmative action employer. Women, people of colour and members of equity-seeking communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- No telephone calls please.
Application Deadline: 18 November, 2020