Mega Catering Limited is a fast-rising Catering and Hospitality Company, which specializes in managing all hospitality services such as Catering, Housekeeping, Accommodation, Laundry Services, Janitorial Services, Fumigation, Manpower Supply etc.
MCL is highly committed to continuously improve its performance to keep pace with the modern needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. MCL recognises that its success comes from her staff and without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, MCL would not be the success story it is today or who we are striving to be tomorrow.
MCL has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. We have bagged an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Nigeria. It is with this strong drive that we look up to a promising future ahead.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baker
Employment Type: Contract
- Prepare doughs, fillings, batters, icings and other components by measuring or weighing ingredients using graduated containers or scales to ensure uniformity.
- Use tools such as hand mixers, electric mixers and cooking machinery to blend together ingredients to create high-quality baked goods.
- Cook prepared dough in ovens or on grills as needed, using molds, pans or sheets, depending on the proper baking technique for the item.
- Decorate cakes, pastries and other baked goods, including custom-made decorations for birthdays, weddings and other celebrations.
- Coordinate deliveries to the bakery and buy necessary ingredients to ensure a fully stocked kitchen to reduce any downtime during the day.
- Perform routine checks on raw materials to ensure they adhere to high-quality standards and are not expired or damaged.
- Inspect baked goods to ensure they are of the highest quality, and remove any damaged items before they reach the display case.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients, the oven temperatures, conveyor speeds and humidity as needed so that all products come out as expected.
- Keep records relating to deliveries, Inventory and Production levels
Qualifications & Experience
- At least SSCE/OND/HND/B.Sc in professional cookery and culinary arts or any other related fields.
- Must have a minimum Two years experience as a Baker
- Valid Offshore Survival (BOSIET)
- STCW basic safety training
- Food Handler’s and Food Hygiene Certificate
- Seafarer’s Medical or Approved Offshore Medical
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
- Seaman Book
- ISPS (Ship Security training and Designation Duty Cert)
- International Passport
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and relevant certificates to: email@example.com with the Title of Job you are applying for.
Application Deadline: 08 December, 2020