Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals. When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos, Port- Harcourt and Anambra.
We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below. Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Reports to: Service Manager
- As the Purchasing Officer the post holder is responsible for managing all purchasing activities; s/he will ensure effective purchasing and regular delivery of goods and services needed by the Organisation, which includes going to the market for procurement and market survey purposes.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing Period.
- Work with the Store Officer to create a re-order level for purchases
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Work with the admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous work experience as a Purchasing officer preferably in a health care sector
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science or any related discipline
- Certifications in Procurement and Supply Management is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 26 January, 2021