Adamawa State College of Agriculture invites application from suitably qualified candidate to the fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Job Responsibilities (Duties)
The Provost is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the College and shall exercise general authority over staff and students and be responsible for the discipline in the College. Among other functions, the Provost shall:
- Be competent at all times, advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the College;
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the College and for ensuring the proper enforcement of the statutes, standing orders and regulations;
- Be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established;
- Have such powers and perform such other functions as the Council may delegate to him
Qualifications and Qualities of the Candidate
- Candidate must possess a good Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College. Possession of a Master's or Ph.D Degree in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College, shall be an added advantage.
- He / She should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Agriculture.
- Candidate must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of Fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching / research experience in a Tertiary Institution; and in addition must have held a senior teaching / research and top administrative post in an institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and materials resources.
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches and reaching high National and International status in their research achievement, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer or its equivalent of at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- Candidate must be information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for the tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary / remunerations and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Provost in all state owned Tertiary Institutions and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Application Letter accompanied by 20 copies of detailed CV signed and dated by candidate. The CV must contain the following information among others:
- Candidate full name
- Marital status
- Current address including e-mail and telephone number
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Number of candidates supervised and graduated
- Research output
- Academic and non-academic recognition
- Professional achievement
- Scholarly publications in renowned national and international journals with dates and / or books
- Addresses of three Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
The applications must be accompanied with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents including a one page vision and mission statement for the College in the next four (4) years should be addressed and forwarded to:
Adamawa State College of Agriculture,
P.M.B. 2088, Ganye,
Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by candidate to forward their reference report directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
- Prospective candidate are advised to drop their Applications at the College Liaison Office, Ministry of Agriculture Headquarter, Yola
- Only shortlist candidate will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 23 November, 2020