Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency (AD-CSDA) was established to provide social services to rural communities using Community-Driven Development (CDD) approach. The Agency is one of the Platforms selected by the State for implementation of Result Area 1 - “Increased social transfers, basic services, and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households” under Nigeria COVID 19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) Program.
The Objective of NG-CARES is to expand access to livelihood support and food security services, and grants for poor and vulnerable households and firms. Results Area 1 alms to support the government’s efforts in scaling up safety net services that provide consumption and livelihood support to the increasing number of poor and vulnerable households in the State.
The Agency therefore wishes to invite eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing their services in the under-listed position:
Job Title: Project Officer - Env. & Social Safe Guard
- Collates baseline data on relevant environmental characteristica of the selected communities
- Analysis potential community operations and their environmental impacts in collaboration with the Agency
- Ensures that operations are implemented in accordance to best practices and guidelines set out in the EMP, RPF and PMP
- Ensure the usage by community of the generic checklist of environmental / social impacts as contained in the Environmental Assessment Procedures Handbook
- Identifies and liaises with all the stakeholders involved in environment and social related issues in the operations
- Coordinates and ensures the implementation of the PMP, RAP and any other plans on grazing reserves, soil and water monitoring plans
- Ensure that grievances are received, recorded, investigated and feedback / response are provided in compliance with the resolution flow as contained in relevant manuals.
- Responsible for the overall monitoring of mitigating measures and the impacts of the Project during implementation and reporting to unit head
- Provides implementation assistance as necessary.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Ecology, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management or any related field.
- He / she must be a civil servant with Adamawa State Government on minimum of GL 12. and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, part of which must be with donor funded projects involving development agencies.
- Fluency in local language, Good communication aed writing skills and computer skills (Excel, Word etc.) required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a written Application and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 9 copies each and all credentials / documents are to be submitted to the SA at address below:
The Board Chairman,
Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency,
No. 57 Atiku Abubakar Road, Jimeta-Yola,
An electronic copy should also be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours [from 09 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Board Chairman, Tel: +234(0)706 762 8077.
Application Deadline: 29 March, 2021