The Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas Commission (JDPC) - Warri justice, development, peace and caritas is a Non-Governmental Organization of the Catholic Diocese of Warri, Delta State, Nigeria, and in Niger delta region of the State. The commission is devoted to charitable activities, capacity building initiatives among others. The Commission organizes political fora, conferences, seminars and workshops aimed at promoting good governance. Also, organizes training programmes and re-orientation of electorates, Anti human Trafficking Workshops, Soft loan scheme for business women, HIV / AIDS interventions, and among other undertakings.
Geographically, the catholic diocese of warri comprises five ethnic nationalities which include the urhobo, ukwuani, isoko, itsekiri and the ijaws, with three hundred and thirty five (335) communities. The diocese covers the three senatorial zones of the State, with sixteen (16) Local Government Areas in the state. Warri diocese is occupying a total land mass of Fifteen thousand (15,000) kilometers or Five thousand Eight hundred (5,800) Miles. The Commission has been in operation in the said area since 1980, registered with the Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria, in 2016 with registration No: CAC/1T/NO 84173.
The organization has a Board of Trustees of (15) members headed by the Bishop, the secretary who is a priest and legal advisers. Warri JDP / C has a staff strength of ten (10) headed by the Diocesan Director who is the head of the management structures and is responsible for the day-to-day running of the organization in conjunction with the other staff. The Commission has a central Diocesan office at Warri and also has branches in all the communities in the three senatorial districts covered by the diocese. Our vast network across the Catholic parishes, Mass centres and small community outstation churches makes us very effective in carrying out community-based interventions for two notable reasons. Firstly, the Commission has a vast network of long standing JDPC volunteers, over 140 of them, in the parishes and mass centres and secondly; our organizations has a long-standing and proven community structure that has effectively implemented community-based programs over the years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer, HIV Prevention Care & Support
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Prevention, Care & Support officer will be responsible for working closely with the CVs, facility focal persons and the CBO Program technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support.
- S / he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for Vulnerable households affected by AIDS.
- S / he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S / he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CVs in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counseling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- Also, S / he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure 100% of infected children on CBOs’ Care and treatment portfolio in target LGAs are enrolled in the 4GATES OVC program.
- Direct CVs towards overall technical quality - including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention care & support activities of the project.
- In collaboration with community volunteers, implement evidence-based health and nutrition interventions to indigent households by responding to identified prioritized health, nutrition, and PSS needs.
- Work with Community volunteers in using national guidelines wherever possible to provide vulnerable households with access to quality healthcare, nutrition and PSS.
- Provide health and nutrition training and supervision to all relevant staff and CVs.
- Conduct IYCF training and collaborate with community volunteers to implement relevant activities
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within the 4GATES OVC Program
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports.
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work-plans Supervision and Mentoring
- Support CBOs to develop appropriate job descriptions to ensure staffing is appropriate for expected results.
- Provide regular supportive supervision to the CVs to ensure the achievement of expected results.
- Represent the CSO in external technical meetings, conferences, and workshops related to HIV Prevention Care & Support
- Liaise and coordinate with other HIV Prevention Care & Support actors, including LG SACA, PHCs, PMTCT sites, TBAs and other NGOs, learning institutions and civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned and avoid duplication.
- The Program Manager JDPC Warri
- The State Program Officer; HIV Prevention Care & Support of the 4GATES Project
Qualified applicants must have
- Candidate should possess Bachelor's degree, HND qualification
Must have 2-3 years work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and Community Volunteers as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of the Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
29th January, 2021 at 10:00am prompt in the Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply online or in person by sending detailed Cover Letter, Resume and other Educational / Professional Credentials as a single document to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
JDPC Warri Office
Jubilee Centre, Okorodudu way,
For further details please contact: the Director, Rev Fr. Emmanuel Obadjere on 08056431328 OR Augustine Doulamughan, Programme Manager on 08137974869
Application Deadline: 27 January, 2021