Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Job ID: 2021-1819
Location: Maiduguri, Borno or Yola, Adamawa State.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast ConNEction activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law:
- Rule and regulations include:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Nigerian Law
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain policies for procurement processes.
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or project.
- Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University Degree in Management, Business Administration, Law or related field.
- At least 4 years of general work experience with at least 2 years of procurement experience.
- Prior USAID or other donor experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in Northeastern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria.
- Must have existing work authorization for Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Note: The exact location of this position is to be confirmed but may be based in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria. Candidates must be willing and able to live in either location.