The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro was established by Decree No. 33 of July 25, 1979. The Polytechnic opened to students on November 15, 1979 on a temporary site provided by its host community, the ancient town of Ilaro, Ogun State. The first site of the Polytechnic was the compound of the Anglican Grammar School, Ilaro about half a kilometre from Ilaro township junction. The Polytechnic was on this temporary site till 1983 when it moved to its permanent site along Ilaro/Oja-Odan Road, about three kilometres from Ilaro Township. It is alos about 60 kilometers from Idiroko, a Nigerian Border town with Benin Republic. Ilaro town itself is an ancient town, land locked between Lagos and Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State. The polytechnic occupies a total of 898.116 hectares land area on its permanent site.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the Polytechnic Library and responsible to the Rector for the administration and coordination of the Library services in the Institution.
- He/she must have high moral standards with impeccable character and be irrevocably committed to best practices in Corporate Governance and must be a team player.
Qualification And Experience
- The candidates should possess a good Honors degree from recognized Institution of higher learning plus Master’s degree in Library Studies with fifteen (15) years cognate experience or Doctorate degree in Library Studies with twelve (12) years cognate experience and must have been a Chief Librarian in Polytechnic or comparable Tertiary Institution for at least five (5) years.
- Evidence of attendance of a continued mandatory professional developmental course is required.
- Applicant must not be below the rank of a Chief Librarian
- Candidate must not be more than 60 years as at the time of appointment
- The preferred candidate should be proficient in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages.
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more. This is in line with the Polytechnics Amendment Act of 2019.
Conditions Of Service:
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtainable in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Full names with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality / State of Origin / Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and Age(s) of Children
- Present 3ob Status and Salary
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number
- Permanent Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and / or Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Detailed list of Publications
- Work experience with Dates
- Mission statement/proposal on making the Library fulfill its objective
- Extra Curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope ‘Polytechnic Librarian” to reach:
The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro,
P.M.B. 50, Ilaro,
Ogun State, Nigeria.
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 28 December, 2020