Facebook - Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy Programs Manager, Africa
Location: Nigeria, Remote
Job Type: Full time
Facebook is looking for a Policy Programs Manager to work with the Policy Programs team in Sub-Saharan Africa. As part of Facebook’s Africa Public Policy organization, the Policy Programs team is responsible for designing, developing and launching regional programs that leverage the extraordinary reach of Facebook to promote positive social, economic, and cultural outcomes.
We are looking for a candidate who can help to develop and launch new programs that address our policy challenges across the region, while also building a framework for partner and stakeholder management. Programmatic work will span across Sub-Saharan Africa, with a particular focus on managing our skills development trainer network and programs focused on Health and NGO engagement. You should have a basic understanding of the policy challenges Facebook faces in Sub-Saharan Africa, a passion for community building and an ability to fearlessly execute. You must be a clear communicator, highly organised, impact oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Policy Programs Manager, Africa Responsibilities
- Work with the SSA programs and policy teams to build a framework for stakeholder management including the development of a quarterly newsletter for program partners
- Develop programs that engage local NGO and Health communities across the continent
- Oversee the management of our network of skills development trainers located in over 10 countries across the Continent
- Develop regular trainer meet-ups including an annual Pan-African meet-up for our network of trainers
- Work with the Central program marketing team to develop collateral to support our programs and policy engagements
- Work closely with our West and Central Africa policy leads to develop a programmatic strategy that aligns with key challenges in the region
- At least 8-10 years working in communications or program management
- Impeccable integrity, passion for human rights and social impact, sound judgment, creativity and the demonstrated ability to think critically and challenge received wisdom
- Ability to create and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Passion for technology and its power to address issues related to entrepreneurship and economic impact
- Ability to travel frequently and extensively across the region
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Organisation and an ability to work strategically across all projects
- Fluency in English (and preferably French)
Application Closing Date