Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Report to: Mission Pharmacy Manager
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (06)
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material from msf ocba projects in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- During project visit give technical support to project pharmacy supervisor and drug dispensers at the projects in the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- In collaboration with mission pharmacy manager and HR department, supervise the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in giving training to project pharmacy and nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- Be the superintendent pharmacist for the central pharmacy warehouse, thereby renewing license of the warehouse.
- Getting permit to import and clear narcotics and controlled drugs according to the country´s regulation.
- In collaboration with Mission Pharmacy manager, other section pharmacy manager and intersectional pharmacist facilitate to get annual import waiver from NAFDAC.
- Representing the interest of MSF to the regulatory authorities like NAFDAC and Ministry of Health and other authorities as needed.
- Support mission pharmacy manager in the sourcing and quality assessment of locally purchased drugs and medical materials.
- Monitor, oversee and periodically report consumption of controlled drugs and narcotics to regulatory bodies including NAFDAC according to the country´s regulation.
- Support mission pharmacy manager and logistics team in the disposal of expired items according to both country and MSF regulation.
- Support supply team and mission pharmacy manager in clearance process of drugs and medical supplies from costumes.
- Support mission pharmacy manager in international medical order process.
- Regular visit to projects to cover gaps for project pharmacy manager and give the needed support to the project pharmacy team.
- Essential degree of pharmacy (B.Pharm / Pharm.D) with License to practice Pharmacy in Nigeria.
- At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy supervisor/manager.
- Previous work experience with MSF and other regulatory authorities can be an asset.
- English as Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter and copies of Credentials (only PDF or word) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 17 February, 2021