Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development - The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit / loan from World Bank / International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) of CSDP is to increase access by the poor, particularly the Internally Displaced and Vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit / loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the recruitment of the staff below of Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Slot: 2 Openings
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HI V/AIDS;
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities/Groups in the formulation of Community Development Plan (CDP), Group Development Plan (GDPs) and Micro Projects by Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Group Project Management Committee (GPMC);
- Build capacity of the Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Local Government Review Committee (LGRC) Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g.
- Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer Information Education Communication and Training;
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs/GDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs), Group Project Management Committee (GPMCs);
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities/Groups;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual Departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Operations Manager;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time;
- Responsible to the Project officer, Supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first Degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Remuneration / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for an initial period of six month probation and subject to confirmation after satisfactory performance. However, Civil servant found suitable will be engaged as seconded officer and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project.
- The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff Regulations and conditions of service.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit 10 copies of their CV to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development,
Commissioners Quarters Layout,
Off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way,
Damaturu, Yobe State.
Application Deadline: 10 December, 2020