Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency (AD-CSDA) was established to provide social services to rural communities using Community-Driven Development (CDD) approach. The Agency is one of the Platforms selected by the State for implementation of Result Area 1 - “Increased social transfers, basic services, and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households” under Nigeria COVID 19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) Program.
The Objective of NG-CARES is to expand access to livelihood support and food security services, and grants for poor and vulnerable households and firms. Results Area 1 alms to support the government’s efforts in scaling up safety net services that provide consumption and livelihood support to the increasing number of poor and vulnerable households in the State.
The Agency therefore wishes to invite eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing their services in the under-listed position:
Job Title: Operations Manager (OM)
The Operations Manager shall:
- Supervise and coordinate the overall activities of the Operations Department which covers basic services and public workfare.
- Supervise the processing of applications seeking SA funding and technical / management support
- Ensure the conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward reports to the Project Management Committee (PMC) for review based on set criteria in this manual;
- Provide overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of CDPs / GDPs and micro-projects by CPMCs;
- Ensure the maintenance of records on all CDPs / GDPs and micro-projects on a continuous basis and passing on such information to the M&E Department;
- Ensue that requisite assistance are rendered to communities as and when required.
- Liaise with relevant MDAs to provide technical and back-up support to communities.
- Prepare annual work plans and budget of the department;
- Provide quarterly and annual projections for CDP / GDP and micro-projects implementation
- Serve as Focal link man for the LGRC and CPMC / GPMC
- Initiate the process of outreach, mobilization and capacity building of the Communities LGs and Desk officers of the relevant MDA's
- Review of CDP'S submitted by communities for funding
- Provides guidance for the supervision of field level activities related to CDP / GDP implementation and
- Ensure that Gender / Vulnerable group issues are mainstreamed into SA activities
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree with at least Twelve years post-qualification experience and currently a Civil Servant with Adamawa State Government on minimum of GL 15.
- Previous experience in rural development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a written Application and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 9 copies each and all credentials / documents are to be submitted to the State Agencies (SA) at address below:
The Board Chairman,
Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency,
No. 57 Atiku Abubakar Road, Jimeta-Yola,
An electronic copy should also be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours [from 09 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Board Chairman, Tel: +234(0)706 762 8077
Application Deadline: 29 March, 2021