Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Anthropologist
The consultant will be gathering information on the social determinants of the impact for new dual active ingredient (AI) Interceptor (IG2), Royal Guard, and Piperonylbutoxide (PBO) Insecticide-treated bed nets (ITNs) for four Local Government Areas.
- Carry out direct observation
- Conduct key informant interviews
- Organize focus group discussions
- Develop data collection methods tailored to a specialty or project
- Prepare reports and present research findings
- Plan research projects to answer questions and test hypotheses about the interaction between nature and culture
- Record and manage records of observations taken in the field
- Collect information from observations, interviews, and documents
- Advise organizations on the cultural impact of policies, programs, and products
- Analyze data, laboratory samples, and other sources of information to uncover patterns about human life, culture, and origins
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Public Health, Sociology or any related field
- A Master’s degree in Anthropology or Public Health is preferred.
- Have at least 5 years work experience in Anthropological research
- Demonstrable experience in developing monitoring and/or evaluation frameworks or methodologies for strategic plans;
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Experience in electronic and mobile data capturing tools (eg ODK, CSPro, Survey CTO);
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject of the mail. e.g “Anthropologist”
Application Deadline: 10 July, 2020