IDMANN Institute provides training in professional development and technical entrepreneurship through our College of General Studies and the School of Experiential Learning, respectively. We also provide secondary and pre-secondary tutorial services through IDMANN Academy. All our courses are offered online in live sessions with seasoned instructors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Language Instructor - Igbo, Yoruba; Haitian Creole, Jamaican Patois, Swahili (IDMANN Summer Camp - Online)
- The IDMANN Summer Camp provides middle and high school students an outstanding educational experience in very small groups.
- The program not only provides tutorial support in Mathematics and English Language Arts, it also includes modules in public speaking, money management, foreign languages, and group research. To learn more about the program, visit the IDMANN Summer Camp web page.
IDMANN Academy is looking for instructors in the following subject areas (from 6th to 12th grade):
- English Language Arts
We are also looking for instructors in the following personal development areas:
- Public Speaking
- Financial Management / Personal Finance
- Technical Writing / Research Methods
- Foreign Languages (Arabic; Chinese (Mandarin); Creole (Haitian); Hebrew; Yoruba; Igbo; Patois (Jamaican); Russian; and Swahili.)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 10 hours per week.
- The engagement will end in August when students begin to return to school.
- There is a strong likelihood that outstanding instructors who wish to continue teaching may be extended into the school year with appropriate adjustment in the teaching schedule.
- We expect instructors in the core subjects (Mathematics & English) to have a teaching certification OR prior experience teaching middle school and/or high school. (A combination of a teaching certification AND demonstrated experience (> 3 years) teaching in a middle or high school would be ideal.)
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
Intending instructors MUST have ALL of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability five days a week (at specific times to be preset by the class timetables).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable to: email@example.com with "Language Instructor " as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 26 June, 2020