Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E & Linkages Specialist
Reporting to: Executive Director / ICON Manager
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Project
- The Officer will also design and supervise activities to promote linkages between project beneficiaries and markets and financial service providers
- S/he will assist the ICON Manager in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on project progress
- The Specialist will prepare and maintain project database and track progress indicators
- S/he will also perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the ED or WOFAN Board.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- The position requires minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences / Project Cycle Management and a minimum of 3 years’ sound and practicable experience in a related donor funded project and well equipped with monitoring and evaluation tools that is ICT- driven is desired.
- A post graduate diploma of degree in management will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. This post requires a high computer literacy with a full knowledge of Office applications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit signed copies of their Application Letters and copies of their CV: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the position and state applied for as subject.
Application Deadline: 08 October, 2020