The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Technical Inspection / Risk Prevention
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Africa-Re announces the vacancy of the position of Manager, Technical Inspection / Risk Prevention in her Head Office (Lagos, Nigeria) on the Professional Staff grade level.
- To strengthen the control system in the corporation to ensure Management and Risk management & IT Governance committee the effectiveness of the corporation’s internal control and also to provide technical assistance to the production centres by the way of Carrying out risk surveys and providing quotations for Engineering risks.
Duties / Job Details
The key functions of the successful candidate will be to:
- Monitor the monthly reports of each Production Centre
- Propose and implement the annual audit plan
- Produce audit reports and follow-up the audit issues
- Assist the production centres in improving their production tools including, the underwriting manual, contract wordings, rates and computer reports.
- Monitor claims reserving and reserve adequacy.
- Provide technical assistance to production centres.
- Carry out risk survey and assessment on the request of the production centres.
- Provide quotations for engineering risks on the request of the production centres
- Assist production centres in the handling of complex claims.
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University Degree in the Engineering field (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, etc.), plus Masters, plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both Treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing ; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
- First University Degree in the Engineering field (Construction, Mechanic, Electro-mechanic, etc.), plus full professional qualification, plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
- First University Degree in relevant field plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment
- A relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than 40 years old.
- Advance knowledge of insurance and reinsurance
- Technical and professional proficiency in insurance/ reinsurance underwriting and risk assessment
- Ability to train cedants and subordinates
- Ability to quickly build very good and sustainable relationship with cedants
- Analyzing and synthesizing information/data
- Very good planning & reporting skills.
- Location: The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos, (Nigeria).
- Capacity to respect confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decision;
- Good supervisory skills.
- High level of integrity and good sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of any other business-related software will be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
Competitive Basic Salary:
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and result of surveys.
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Housing Allowance;
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Home leave to country of origin every one (1) year paid by the employer - if Non- Nigerian National.
Application Deadline: 04 July, 2021