IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Big Data
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Big Data in Nigeria. Based in Lagos, you will be responsible for architecting and deploying our Network Operations Centre's (NOC) big data systems.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Leverage software engineering background and experience of working with large scale distributed processing systems to build a data architecture that aligns with the company’s business requirements.
- Research, model and integrate data architectures that align with the business strategy, goals and objectives. Developing supporting IT frameworks.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing operational requirements, application systems, and programming. Review objectives with relevant stakeholders and evaluate existing systems.
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed systems. Define database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up and recovery specifications.
- Install database systems by developing flowcharts. Apply optimum access techniques, coordinate installation actions, and document actions.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating and installing new releases; and completing maintenance.
- Monitor databases and set up feedback systems to refine and constantly improve.
- Provide database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Research new techniques, software and products that could improve the company’s data-related functions.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Network Assurance.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or any relevant discipline.
- Advanced Master's or relevant professional certifications will be an asset.
- +9-10 years’ cognate experience (including within information security management/ architecture environments) involving business process modelling, application delivery, and product and vendor evaluation.
- Demonstrable expertise in agile and/ or scaled agile, SAFe Software Delivery Lifecycle, API creation and management (REST, SOAP, etc), and TOGAF.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Application Support & Maintenance
- Database & Storage Administration
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Software Writing
- Data Science
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Analytical thinking
- Business Communication
- Workload Management
Application Deadline: 15 January, 2021