Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager - Banquets
Job Number: 21050910
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike Street, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Event Management
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Management
Located Remotely? N
- Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards.
- Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event.
- Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing Banquet Operations:
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains established sanitation levels.
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams:
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Application Closing Date
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law