Edwin Clark University, a fully residential and the 60th Private University in Nigeria, commenced academic activities in 2015 following its approval by the Federal Government. The University, reputed for knowledge and development, recently recorded another plus with the approval granted to it to run the first degree programme in Law by both the Council of Legal Education and the National Universities Commission.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Law Librarian
- The Law Librarian shall be in charge of the University’s Faculty of Law Library;
- He shall be responsible to the University Librarian for the management and overall development of the Law Library and the services provided thereof.
- Applicants must have obtained a Law (LL. B) and Bachelor of Law from the Law School, including a Master Degree in Library and Information Science or in Law Librarianship. Possession of a Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage:
- Applicants should have a good background in Law Library and Information Science or in Law Librarianship
- Have at minimum, garnered ten (10) year experience in Law Librarianship and have sufficient capacity to manage a digital Law Library;
- Must have the ability to develop, expand, stock digital Law Journals, Manuals, Reports, Books, Legal Digests and other documents:
- Must be research oriented in analyzing and evaluating the validity of sourced materials
- Must fully understand the complexity of University system:
- Must show evidence of membership of a recognized professional body;
- Must display good leadership skills, possess personal integrity and show commitment to work;
- Must not have criminal record;
- Be a person who is mentally and physically fit with verifiable certificates to that effect.
The remuneration and other conditions of service will be determined by the University management, with the approval of the Governing Council and or Proprietor, in line with prevailing standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae and include names and addresses of at least three Referees.
All required documents from Applicants should be sent electronically, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and MUST equally submit fifteen (15) hard copies of the documents to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Edwin Clark University,
Kiagbodo, Delta State,
P. M. B. 101, Ughelli,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- All Appcations should be addressed to the Registrar, Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State.
- Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2021