Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge & Data Management Specialist, USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (MELA), Nigeria
- The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA). The award of this contract is anticipated in April 2021.
- Social Impact is seeking a Knowledge & Data Management Specialist for the USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (MELA).
- The Specialist will be responsible for managing data, preforming data analytics, and visualizing data. This is a full-time position to based in Abuja contingent upon contract award in 2021.
- Coordinate with the Learning & Institutional Capacity Advisor and other Leads to oversee knowledge management across the project.
- Gather, synthesize, and create systems for maintaining and disseminating key information.
- Develop a knowledge management sustainability strategy to ensure lessons learned and best practices are stored and shared with USAID, stakeholders, and implementing partners.
- Coordinate knowledge management products, services, approaches and tools.
- Assist USAID in adopting and strengthening knowledge management systems and processes.
- Oversee development and presentation of data for evidence-based learning and decision-making.
- Conduct and facilitate knowledge exchange events, knowledge management communities of practice with stakeholders and disseminate best practices.
- Training USAID staff and implementing partners on the use of the performance management database to record, extract, and analyze performance data
- Conduct GIS mapping, data analytics, and produce data visualizations as deemed useful by USAID technical offices.
- Master’s degree in a field related to knowledge management; Data Analytics; Organizational Learning or Development Assistance such as public, business or development administration; political science; economics or development studies.
- At least two years of experience in knowledge management, database management, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with USAID MEL and information systems.
- Experience using knowledge management software as well as developing and using databases.
- Ability to work effectively with data analytic and visualization tools (ArcGIS, SPSS and Excel).
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
Application Closing Date