Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) is a development finance institution leading holistic transformation of rural communities in Africa. We seek to alleviate poverty in the continent by unlocking the power of the private sector working in agri-business, renewable energy and gender to impact rural and marginalised communities to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terms of Reference for Consultancy for Technical Support for React Household Solar Round 2 (HS R2) Programme in Nigeria
Career Category: Program/Project Management
Theme: Climate Change and Environment
REACT Household Solar Programme
- REACT Household Solar Round Two (REACT HS R2) Programme is a $20.8 million project funded by the DFID UK to improve energy access for people in sub-Saharan Africa who are currently without modern energy, through a market - based approach for private-sector delivery of solar home system products and services.
- The project, which commenced in July 2018, will run for five years and be implemented in Somalia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Senegal and Nigeria. REACT HS R2 seeks to address a critical component of the climate change challenge through clean energy access in target countries that are confronted with increasing energy demand in the coming decades resulting from demographic, socio-economic and resource-related factors.
Objective and Scope of the Assignment
To provide Technical Support for REACT Household Solar Round 2 (HS R2) Programme in Nigeria:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant:
- Technical Assistance to applicants during the application process, including business planning support;
- Conduct post contracting assessment of TA needs for funded companies.
- Provide support to The AECF team in conducting due diligence of applicants;
- Work with AECF team to provide the necessary technical information required during the programme period;
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the programme management team from time to time
Outputs and Reporting Requirements:
- Produce periodic country programme progress reports, technical programme reports and any market reports for the REACT HS R2 Programme in Nigeria.
Duration of Service
- This task will not take more than 100 consultancy days, between the period May 2020 and May 2021, and expected to commence by 1 May 2020.
- At least 5 years’ experience in development, management and /or monitoring of RE programmes in Sub Saharan Africa.
- An in-depth understanding of the RE industry, including an understanding of the RE regulatory and policy environment in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver in the timeframe outlined.
- Fluency in written, spoken English.
- Consultants who are resident in Nigeria are preferred.
- The lead consultant will report to the AECF Senior Programme Officer.
The following criteria will be used for the evaluation:
Criteria for Assessment - Marks
- Understanding of the terms of reference - 10
- Explanation of the background to the sector and description of the problem to be solved - 5
- Understanding of what AECF is expecting from the work - 5
- Methodology and work plan - 30
- The relevance of the methodology proposed to the needs of the assignment - 15
- Adequacy of the work plan, including key deliverables and capacity to deliver within a realistic timeline based on the consultancy days designated for the task - 15
- Technical experience of staff offered - 30
- Relevant tertiary level qualification and years of professional experience - 5
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents (this applies to institutional consultants) - 5
- Evidence of similar previous experience in the last 5 years including reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments - 10
- Evidence of working in Nigeria - 10
- Clarity, relevance, reality to market of value/value for money of cost for the assignment (inclusive of any applicable tax - 30
- Total Score - 100
Application Closing Time
5:00 PM E.A.T
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultancy firms and candidates are requested to submit their technical and financial proposals to: email@example.com
- The Subject of the email should read "Terms of Reference for Technical Support for REACT Household Solar Round 2 (HS R2) Programme in Nigeria". The AECF shall not be liable for not opening proposals that are submitted with a different subject.
- Technical and Financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents. Financial proposals will not be opened until the conclusion of the technical evaluation and then only for those proposals that are deemed qualified and responsive
- The Financial proposals shall include all applicable taxes quoted separately. If taxes are not mentioned in the financial proposal, The AECF shall consider that they are included in the prices provided.
- AECF reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.
Application Deadline: 21 April, 2020