Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: EPI Nurse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Supervisor: Medical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor: Nutrition Technical Advisor
Line Reports: None
Ensure safety vaccination of children:
- Ensure hygiene before administering of vaccine
- Use appropriate dose of vaccine in the right route
- Minimize vaccine wastage
- Follow-up adverse event following immunization (AEFI) among vaccinated children
- Collect all wastes and garbage in link with vaccination activities and transport into the right place
- Cold chain and vaccine management:
- Evaluate the right quantity of vaccines and consumable per day
- Ensure that cool chain are maintained
- Collect data in link with vaccination activities and submit to the nurse or team leader
- Provide sensitization about immunization:
- Sensitization about hygiene and prevention infection
- Explain vaccination importance to mothers and caregivers
- Explain immunization schedule
- Ensure that all mothers and caregivers are understand adverse event following Immunization
- Minor nursing procedures:
- Administering treatment to the patients as per the doctor’s prescription
- Minor dressing and wound care procedures for the patients
- Monitoring patient vital signs
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to MC medical supervisor and Technical Supervisor
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (general management, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Supporting the medical staff for manual tasks
- Profile of the ideal Candidate
- Education (Essential): Diploma in Nursing
- Experience: 2 years
- (Confidentiality, Team Player, ability to work with little or no supervision, people management , Report Writing)
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, negotiation skils and flexible working hours.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment to: email@example.com using "EPI Nurse" as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the correct subject line stated above will not be treated.
Application Deadline: 10 May, 2020