Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SRH Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The SRH Officer, who works under the direct supervision of Damboa Field Coordinator, is in charge to oversee quality and technical aspects through need based formal training, on-the-job training and regular supportive supervision of SRH team members in Damboa, and other feasible means agreed with the Field Coordinator.
- The SRH Officer also technically report to SHR/GBV Technical Advisor based in Maiduguri; as well with the Health Services Quality Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Emergency Response Coordinator and Program Coordinator as needed.
- All technical trainings and supports must be based on up-to-date National guidelines, MDM guidelines and WHO guidelines as needed.
- Conduct SRH focused regular supportive supervision in all target clinics to ensure quality of services, including functional pathway for treatment of obstetric complications and GBV survivors.
- Ensure that all RH activities delivered are in line with national RH guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure that regular on job training and mentorship for midwives in collaboration with SRH/GBV Technical Advisor.
- Support reproductive health interventions, including Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) and establishing integrated RH activities.
- Work closely with Community Outreach Supervisor and organize SRH IEC focused trainings for community Mobilizers.
- Assist the SRH/GBV technical advisor to ensure that appropriate treatment protocols are followed in all MdM operational sites, including CMR.
- Monitor progress of activities according to work plan, identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Ensure that all midwives follow recommended national and international IPC protocols.
- Ensure that MDM SRH services are rendered according to protocols i.e. ANC, PNC and FP and risk factors are identified with proper referral pathway.
- Ensure that patient privacy and confidentiality is respected according to MDM policy.
- Ensure that appropriate health education is offered to clients according to service delivery.
- Ensure that accurate data submitted on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Contribute to SRH data compilation and analysis as an input for evidence-based implementation progress tracking and improvement measures.
- Assist SRH/GBV Technical advisor to ensure that midwives are well trained to manage cases of Gender Based Violence focusing upholding survivors’ rights to dignity and confidentiality; provide direct care when necessary.
- Work closely with SRH/GBV technical advisor to ensure that MDM procedures practically applied for management of SRH pharmaceuticals in the field, including PEP kit; abide with MDM logistical and administrative procedures pertinent to SRH supplies and other inputs.
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, attend SRH sub-sector and any other relevant meeting at provincial level.
- Based on needs, the incumbent to will undertake any duties assigned by his/her line manager, and within the scope of MDM work in the country.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
- The SRH Officer is directly under operational supervision of Damboa Field Coordinator; as well as under technical supervision of SRH/GBV Technical Advisor based in Maiduguri.
- S/he also has technical links with other technical advisors and their deputies, health services quality coordinator, health coordinator, emergency response coordinator and program coordinator.
Skills And Experience
- Diploma in Midwifery
- At least 3 years of professional experience in relevant position of which 1 previous experience with an INGO (with MDM is an asset);
- Ability to design and implement quality training;
- Relevant qualifications in Emergency SRH and development activities;
- Experience working with gender-based violence survivors and knowledge of CMR protocols;
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process;
- Work experience in insecure environments is an advantage and/or knowledge of the cultural/social influences on SRH and GBV in North East Nigeria.
Required personal skills:
- Excellent organisational, training and coaching skills is required;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Able to prioritize; Be flexible;
- Ability to work under stressful situation;
- Has a good team spirit;
- Able to work and live in specific security context.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment to: email@example.com using "SRH Officer" as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the correct subject line stated above will not be treated.
Application Deadline: 10 May, 2020