The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Job Identification: 6048
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
- The ICT Officer is responsible for the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures.
- S/He will assist day-to-day management of IT functions, ensuring the proper functioning of LAN, Server, E-mail system, and internet connectivity.
- S/He will provide timely end-user computer support, ensure that Hardware, printers, and software resources are available and that the office is comply with NRC ICT policies, rules, and procedures.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Adheres to and supports for implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Visit NRC field offices to provide support for internet setup on new bases according to ICT-HO Standards.
- S/he will oversee the staff support, ICT Policy compliance, hardware/software including troubleshooting’s for the smooth running of business operation of the Area Office and sub deep field offices under his responsibility.
- Ensure performance monitoring of ISP links to the assigned duty office.
- Provide proactive and responsive support to all end-users including field offices by implementing a helpdesk system that will capture regular support issues for the purpose of generating management information required for performance improvement.
- Report to the ICT coordinator the breakdowns and difficulties encountered in the resolution of incidents.
- Ensure delivery of client Microsoft Outlook setup and troubleshooting outlook issues and webmail access.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of computer equipment according to the policies in place and after consultation with the ICT coordinator.
- Manage the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wireless Local Area Network, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure for Internet connections (fibre, radio, VSAT), access to cloud applications, data storage, and backup on the Cloud (0365), Cisco Meraki networks, UPS and backup power systems, security of ICT installations (air conditioning, electricity, physical access), desktop computers and laptops, smartphones, software, and mobile applications.
- Send the monthly report of anomalies to the ICT coordinator for verification and compilation.
- Ensure delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates of network schema.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Manager
- ICT Coordinator / assistant
- HR Team
- Procurement team.
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Knowledge of Microsoft office 365, Access, and SharePoint is required.
- Certification in ITIL, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and Cisco CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in Hausa is an asset.
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as ICT Assistant/ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with a similar organization like NRC.
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
These personal qualities influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments.
Application Deadline: 13 May, 2022