Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Ref. No: req10311
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
The UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria - Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client).
The objective of the Lafiya contract is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through the following interlinked outcomes (1) increased resources invested in health, and prioritisation of health by Government of Nigeria (through civil society advocacy on human capital, community accountability for health; and use of data to inform government prioritisation of health); (2) improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health services (through health system strengthening, and working with the private sector to improve delivery of affordable health services for the poorest populations); and (3) reducing total fertility rate (through addressing social norms, demographic impact analysis, and support to family planning demand creation and delivery of services). These outcomes will be achieved through a “joined-up, One-Team” delivery of the following outputs:
- Output 1 “Advocacy & Accountability”: Increased demand for affordable basic health services through community accountability, and increased prioritisation of human capital (health, education, nutrition, WASH) through civil society advocacy
- Output 2 “Data for delivery / health prioritisation”: Improved awareness and prioritisation by senior leadership in Government of Nigeria, using data in line with a “delivery-type” approach
- Output 3 “Technical Assistance to maximise Government of Nigeria resources and efficiency”: Improved efficiency of existing resources for delivery of health services
- Output 4 “Private sector”: Improved effectiveness of private sector in delivering affordable basic health services
- Output 5 “Demographics and Family Planning”: Supporting family planning services through demand creation and addressing social norms / behavior change including analysis and communication of the wider impact of demographics.
- Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Human Resources Assistant (HRA) is a generalist role that will support in managing all aspects of human resources management on the project.
- The HRA is to assist Human Resources & Safeguarding Manager (HRSM) with hiring actions including interviews, ensuring completion of employees’ due diligence documentation and onboarding of new hires.
- The HRA will perform administrative tasks related to all aspects of HR management on the LAFIYA programme.
- She / he will be required to assist in preparing job advertisement and general correspondence; arranging & coordinating logistics support for interviews.
- The HRA will support in maintaining personnel files on the LAFIYA programme.
- The HRA will serve as the liaison between the field offices and head office for HR related activities.
- He / she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HRSM
The HR Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Assisting with staff recruitment by scheduling interviews and sending out invitations to candidates.
- Supporting with providing guidance to successful candidates and consultants for promptly completing required due diligence documentation.
- Supporting with following up with selected candidates for all documents to be received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment.
- Supporting with drafting of offer letters and contracts for new employees and sharing with the HRSM for review and further action.
- Supporting the HRSM in following up with new staff to ensure that they complete all mandatory compliance trainings as at when due.
- Working closely with the HRSM to maintain all personnel records tracking employment history, confirmation, promotions, transfers, salary changes, contract end dates etc.
- Collaborating with the admin team to ensure that copies of asset issuance forms are in staff files and any asset movement is properly recorded and kept in file.
- Ensuring all employee records are backed up on SharePoint as they are received and filed off.
- Preparing and updating HR reports like staff headcount, recruitment matrix, probation assessment trackers, contract end date tracker.
- Ensuring that all exit procedures are fulfilled by exiting employees including conducting exit interviews and preparing a monthly exit interview report.
- Supporting the HRSM in reviewing of monthly timesheets against leave records and ensuring accuracy always.
- Supporting the HRSM and teams to plan, coordinate and conduct induction trainings for new hires.
- Collating documents required for processing of staff benefits such as health insurance and life assurance plan from staff and sharing with the HRO/HRSM for further action.
- Collating approved leave forms from staff and updating the leave trackers.
- Drafting correspondences for and on behalf of LAFIYA staff as applicable.
- Being abreast with changes or updates in the country labor laws so we share information with the management to ensure compliance.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Psychology or Social Sciences.
- Proven work experience in HR or administration in a reputable organisation.
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of activities with attention to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage high volume and sensitive workflow and complying with confidentiality of HR records.
Application Closing Date