MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Planning Supervisor
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 7
- The HR Supervisor will be responsible for sourcing, attracting, and hiring the right candidates timely for open positions in MainOne.
- The goal will be to always meet the company’s recruitment needs by finding candidates that match the MainOne culture and open job positions.
- The HR Supervisor shall also assist to plan and implement effective human resource policies, procedures and employee engagement programs that will promote employee satisfaction and retention to support the realization of the corporate strategy.
Specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Maintain and update the manpower plan.
- Coordinate the manpower planning process, working with teams for timely identification of upcoming vacancies/job reassignments.
- Liaise with Heads of Units/line managers on regular basis to identify potential gaps and determine employee requirements for such positions.
- Conduct research to identify new sources for the recruitment of active and passive candidates.
- Prepare monthly reports on the workforce profile.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Explore best practices in the recruitment and placement of employees.
- Review applicants’ qualifications to determine if they meet job position requirements and prepare periodic update reports on recruitment exercises in progress.
- Act as a single point of contact for managers regarding recruitment subjects.
- Conduct job interviews to ensure candidates skills and qualification match the job requirements.
- Design training on recruitment and selection for line managers.
- Minimize cost incurred in the recruitment process by exploring and implementing more cost-effective or direct sourcing options.
- Define a social media communication strategy for different job profiles.
- Supervise the recruiting process and report on its performance.
- Develop a talent database and ensure it is robust and regularly updated.
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR practices that encourage employee engagement and retention.
- Research on current HR trends and practices in employee engagement and distill key learnings for MainOne.
- Develop effective programs for all employee programs and manage all communication with employees, including the TERRIFIC newsletter, in compliance with all policies.
- while maintaining effective professional relationships with all employees, developing, and implementing various personnel programs.
- Participate in other HR initiatives as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in a recruitment position is necessary to take up this position.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in recruitment and selection is required.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Impeccable Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes.
- Experience with sourcing platforms and competence-based interview methods.
- Good understanding of employer branding strategies.
- Strong team management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and presentation.
- Interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Prioritization and time management skills to manage multiple conflicting activities and accomplish the desired end results within stipulated timelines.
- Research skills.
Demands of the Job:
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- High level of initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines when required.