Fenix International, a subsidiary of ENGIE is a next-generation energy and technology company.
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Product & Commercial, Minigrids
Location: Abuja, with national business trips
Reporting line: Head of Mini-Grids, Nigeria
Job Purpose / Mission
- As part of the Access to Energy Minigrid Nigeria management team and functionally attached to the global head of Product & Commercial Minigrid, the Product & Commercial manager is responsible for the product development, the customer experience and the revenues at country level. This covers our different revenue streams of electricity sales, appliances sales, customer finance, ad hoc services.
- To meet her/his goal, her/his scope will cover customer care and customer service, marketing, business incubation program and support to entrepreneurs, building and managing local partners, data analytics and activities monitoring.
- She/He will be in charge of managing the commercial team in the clusters of operations.
- This position implies to work in close relationship with the whole minigrid team in Nigeria, the ENGIE Energy Access team and the global Product & Commercial team.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Structure and lead all commercial activities within the company
- Manage commercial team in cluster (Objectives setting, training, support, monitoring, performance evaluation etc.) on all commercial topics: energy sales, appliances sales, customer finance management, customer experience, other services
- Build the budget, monitor activities and build the commercial monthly reporting.
Deliverables and Activities:
- Build and maintain operational monitoring and management tools for commercial activities
- Analyse commercial data to improve performance, processes and products.
Organize a network of partners:
- Develop and manage a network of local partners to boost income generating activities in the mini-grid sites.
Sales (before cluster creation):
- Be responsible for client acquisition and retention
- Sales energy-efficient appliances and machines.
Customer support and community engagement (Before cluster creation):
- Support customers and the community in the usage and understating of our product & services
- Manage Local Operators in the cluster zone
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years in commercial activities management (marketing, sales, customer experience and performance management) or in a related field
- Master's in Business or Management
- Strong analytical capacity
- Enjoy working on several projects in parallel, capacity to organize teams to deliver project in a timely manner
- Ability to be part of a multi-cultural team and to work with several streams
- Be passionate about improving rural communities life
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to effectively communicate in at least 1 local language. More is a plus.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and basic IT knowledge required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with PowerBI or tableau is a plus
- Autonomous and proactive mindset
- Economic modelling knowledge is a plus.